The desktop version of QuickBooks Pro works very well for congregations because:
- It is versatile; it can be adapted to most any organization.
- It handles necessary fund accounting very easily.
- It works easily and accurately for people with no bookkeeping .experience (important for volunteer treasurers and part-time staff). No knowledge of “debits and credits” or “general journal entries” is needed.
- It is inexpensive (the current non-profit price via TechSoup is $78 once every three years).
- It can be combined with remote access (Splashtop, LogMeIn, Windows Remote Access, etc.) to provide access for multiple staff/lay leaders.
- It can provide financial reports and itemized detail to lay leaders in only a few minutes.
- It is very commonly known, so the next treasurer or staff member can step in without significant software training.
We have a number of QuickBooks recommendations on our website. Search for “QuickBooks” in the search box at the top right.