Skip to content


We offer two types of payroll services:

We … set up new employees for you.We … provide training and tax information.
You … submit payroll hours to us.You … prepare paychecks for employees.
We … prepare paychecks, submit direct deposit, and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.We … prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
$60/month for first employee, plus $16/month for each additional employee$60/month for up to five employees, plus $3/month for each additional employee
If you’d like to enroll, here is the Payroll Service Enrollment checklist

Further comparison of CFLLC Payroll with other payroll services is available here.

A note regarding secular payroll services:

Religious entities are not subject to some employment law requirements, and clergy tax requirements are not the same as secular employee tax rules.  For example, all non-profits are exempt from filing form 940 and paying federal unemployment taxes, and in Massachusetts, churches and religious congregations are not allowed to participate in the unemployment insurance system and are therefore exempt from three state unemployment taxes.  

Clergy are exempt from withholding, but may choose voluntary withholding.  In no case should clergy have FICA or Medicare withheld from ministerial pay, in compliance with IRS Publication 517.  An employer-paid SECA Allowance is paid to the minister, not to the IRS, and a properly set up Housing Allowance is not subject to federal income tax or to state income tax in many, but not all states.

Some churches have filed IRS Form 8274 and are exempt from FICA and Medicare taxes because they are opposed for religious reasons to the payment of FICA taxes.  

It is crucial that your payroll service understands
the difference between a congregation and a secular employer!