CREATING A QUICKBOOKS BACKUP FILE
- Click the large “Backup” icon in the toolbar near the top of the QuickBooks screen, then choose Backup Copy, or choose from the top left corner drop-down menus, File Create Backup.
- Click “Local Backup” and click Next.
- Browse through your folders and Indicate the location folder for your backup files.
- Check the “Include the backup date” box.
- Choose Complete verification (recommended).
- Click OK.
- Click “save”.
You’ll eventually see a notice saying that the backup has been completed.
SENDING A LARGE FILE VIA WEB TO CFLLC
- Go to www.congregationalfinance.com.
- Click on the “Contact Us” menu at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Contact Us page to the “send this file” section.
- Enter your e-mail and a message if you wish.
- Enter the password that we have provided for you.
- Click the “Browse” button to find the file you would like to send. When found, double click the name of the file. This should place the file name on the “File 1” line.
- Click the “Send This File” button below and watch it go. It may take a minute or two depending on the size of the file(s).
In a separate email, please let us know the version of QB that you use, as well as the Admin password, which we will need to restore the file.